Sunday, June 22, 2008

Incredible, Amazing, Marvel-ous Synergy

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • There's something to be said for putting real actors in action movies. Iron Man obviously benefitted from it and so did The Incredible Hulk, which I saw today. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I might. It's pretty true to the comics (as far as I can tell) and to the TV show to some extent. Great cameo by Lou Ferrigno and look for a couple of funny random appearances by two of your favorite stars of "Freaks and Geeks" and "The Wire".
    • Will they even need to run Avengers trailers with the hype already being generated through cameos in both Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk? IMDB doesn't have a director attached to it yet -- it's scheduled for 2011 -- but you'd think it would have to be someone who can deliver with what will be uncomparable hype. Bryan Singer obviously comes to mind.
    • With all of the upcoming sequels and new franchises, how close are we to a different Marvel movie coming out every week?
    • Also watched The Big Lebowski. The Dude abides.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • I don't have much to write about today, after the movie, so enjoy some Mutton Bustin'!
  • Daily Rant:
    • We're like 99.9% done moving out of the old apartment, but we had left some big potting plants and some soil. I went back to pick up some other random things and a neighbor sees me and says that he thought we had left already, so he borrowed some of our soil. I told him it wasn't a big deal since we'd probably throw it out anyway. Today, we're back again to vacuum and he walks over with a small flower pot that belonged to us. "I used this to take the soil over," he said and then placed it down before walking away. Smooth.

No comments: