Sunday, June 14, 2009

Phil X

  • Random Pop Culture:
    • The Lakers won the title. Whoopee-do.
    • I didn't watch the game, instead deciding to watch Wall Street on DVD. Apparently, there's going to be a sequel. I don't have high hopes; I only hope that Stone doesn't taint the first one.
    • As far as great monologues go, which is better: Michael Douglass' "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good" one from Wall Street or Jack Nicholson's "You want me on that wall! You need me on that wall!" from A Few Good Men?
    • Entourage returns middle of next month. Mad Men in the middle of August. I could never get into True Blood, but I know a lot of people are excited about its return tonight.
  • Random Hatred and/or Love:
    • Went down to the Holocaust Museum this afternoon to show solidarity and get a longer look at their temporary exhibit on Nazi propaganda. I suggest that anyone go down in the near future to support the institution and the people working there, but I also highly recommend the exhibit. It's beautifully put-together and the items they have are fascinating.
  • Another Reason Why I Love DC:
    • Is there another city you can think of that has as many pretty roads as the DC area? Forget just anything along the Mall, how about the GW Parkway, Canal Rd., Rock Creek Parkway, the 14th St. Bridge, or the Whitehurst?

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Nicholson. I actually watched that whole scene on an airplane without the sound and still knew all the words.