Tuesday, June 23, 2009

In Which I Attack A Minor Who's Asking For It

  • Random Pop Culture:
    • The first reviews for the new Transformers are out and they are horrible. It clocks in at two-and-a-half hours and it is apparently both really boring and really loud. I still kind of want to see it, but I imagine I will regret that a great deal.
    • Nobody writes a review of a bad movie like Roger Ebert. I suspect he secretly likes watching them as much as I do.
    • I'm still watching Weeds, but I'm very close to checking out. It's boring. Probably as bad as Entourage at its worst a couple of years ago, which means there's hope.
    • I mostly follow comedians on Twitter because of the one-liner factor. So, today, when I shot off a joke (wouldn't really make sense if I reprinted it in this context) and got an acknowledging laugh from a guy who used to write for The Daily Show? Validation, baby.
    • Speaking of "validation, baby," Mr. Tony was on a local radio show today and said that he had not yet received good enough offers to start his show back up. With all due respect to the fine shows on WJFK, Kornheiser is the most entertaining radio guy in the DC area.
  • Random Hatred and/or Love:
    • Richard Nixon on Roe v. Wade in new transcripts released today: "There are times when abortions are necessary - I know that. That's the thing about a black and a white... ora rape. Same kind of thing, you know what I mean. There are times." I guess there's no need to pile on Nixon.
    • Remember that kid that some conservatives were holding up as the future of punditry on the right? He ranted at some conferenece [sic] or another. I don't care if he's fourteen. That kid is a douchebag. And you can see why on this clip, as Fox and Friends, the show that aspires intellectually to be Yo Gabba Gabba!, hosts a round table between he and two eleven-year-olds. In the next segment, Doocy sang about the party in his tummy.
  • Random Music Video:
    • We're going live for this one -- all the way back to Letterman last week. Mos Def performing a song from his new album.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I didn't know you were a fan of Mos Def! I'm really excited about this new album because the first two were good, but that last one kinda sucked. Thanks for the video, liked the song!