Sunday, June 28, 2009

Always Think Twice

  • Random Pop Culture:
    • I'm going to see Transformers 2 tomorrow. May God have mercy on my soul.
    • There was a Hitchcock marathon on TCM today. I didn't know about it until this morning or I would have said something last night. I recorded a few that I have not yet seen, but I also got Vertigo. Somehow I don't own it on DVD and I could watch that movie a hundred times.
    • Whatever Works, a Woody Allen movie, starring Larry David. I'm there.
  • Random Hatred and/or Love:
    • An interesting piece from Time on California's financial woes. I find it so hard to believe that lower taxes lead to less money in the government's coffers and less of a cushion in case of an emergency. I thought lower taxes were great for the economy. You know, like those two pay-offs we got from Bush that really helped us avoid a total disaster.
  • Random Music Video
    • David Cook broke out last season on American Idol with his cover of Lionel Richie's "Hello", but he also turned heads with his cover of Chris Cornell's cover of "Billie Jean". Here it is.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

We watched Psycho and North by Northwest during that marathon. But then, Tom changed it to Die Hard 2: Die Harder...

Anonymous said...

As Jimmy Stewart said in The Man Who Knew Too Much, "Yippee-ki-yay, mother#!%*er!"

-Tom