Monday, April 27, 2009

That'll Do

  • Random Pop Culture:
    • So the only black contestants on The Amazing Race fell way behind because they can't swim? Really? I don't mean to spoil the Survivor finale for you, but Stephen is going to lose when Jeff distracts him by throwing a quarter on the ground.
    • The Heroes finale was solid. I like that they killed off a main character and added that twist with Sylar, though it all seemed to come together rather quickly. Wish we could have seen a bit more fighting though than the none that happened on-screen.
    • It was great though when they burned the fake Sylar body at the end. Cool how they looked back to see Nikki, Linderman, and... Wait, did they really have to replace Isaac with Hayden Christensen?
    • We're totally caught up with How I Met Your Mother and while I balked at tonight's episode at first because of the better Swingers dialogue over the phone call waiting period, it was a very funny episode. One question -- when Ted was texting at the beginning, what the hell was he doing? He has an iPhone. You don't need to hit buttons a hundred times to get out a sentence.
  • Random Hatred and/or Love:
    • Why is every sickness that hits twenty people a pandemic all of a sudden? Remember Avian Flu or SARS? Me neither.
  • Jokes and Jokes and Jokes and Jokes:
    • I think I do have the Swine Flu though. I keep having to blow my nose and every time, there's bacon grease on the tissue. My throat's sore and every cough sounds like an oink. My fever is so high that I had to roll in mud just to cool myself down a little. My dog insists on covering me with applesauce before he'll lick my hand. I normally don't dig on the flu, but my strain is ten times more charmin' than that Arnold strain.

No comments: