Sunday, April 26, 2009

In Hiding

I stepped outside three times today -- twice with the dog, once to take out the trash. I'm fairly certain that the unseasonable heat yesterday gave me either heat exhaustion, regular exhaustion, or cerebral edema. So, I had the great opportunity to catch up on a lot of sports that I haven't been watching. Saw the Caps knock off the Rangers to force a Game 7 on Tuesday night. Watched a classic Bulls-Celtics game -- Ray Allen knocks down a three to send it to OT, Ben Gordon knocks one down to send it to double OT. Watched a significant portion of also very good games between Orlando and Philly and Houston and Portland. I've been sleeping on the NBA and NHL playoffs, but no more. I also saw Shooter, a completely unrealistic but mostly entertaining movie. I mean, it couldn't have been more absurd.

While playing shut-in, I so abhorred the thought of venturing outside that I, in an attempt to grill hot dogs, decided to start a bonfire in my living room. It went remarkably well until I got too close to the fire. I thought I was finished for sure. Until...



1 comment:

Seth said...

With your recent onslaught of G.I. Joe PSA's I'm wondering if you've seen these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ-ckU_D1fg

They are awesome.