Sunday, December 14, 2008

Why I Scream Like Snipes At The End Of Jungle Fever

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • I classify this past Survivor's ending as delightful. "Matty, take this cursed thing away." Very nice. Amazing that Bob's chances of winning went from zero last week to, well, what? You figure that Suzie and Kenny have no chance of winning. You figure that Sugar is with Bob, which means that Matty is too. Does Bob really have a fifty-fifty shot at this thing? I'll go ahead and pick Bob going into the final episode, with Sugar being the dark horse.
    • I watched SNL tonight with Hugh Laurie and Kanye West. Kanye did two of his pop songs and he sounded downright awful on the first one. The computerized singing wasn't loud enough and he was extremely off-key. He did sound a lot better on the second one.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • Playoffs start in my second league tomorrow after a miserable first-round loss in the first one. I've named my star backs the Three Horseman: Westbrook, Chris Johnson, and MJD. They'll carry me through. Well, that and I have Steve Smith and Roddy White too. The team is stacked.
    • Here's the funnier of the two digital shorts from last week's SNL, "J*** In My Pants". I didn't really want to type the title out, but I suppose it isn't entirely dirty because it was on network TV. Just don't play it real loud at work.
    • My friend Roy told me about this video, which is apparently for a serious song. First of all, the song is horrible as a song. Second, the song is even worse as an idea for a song. I watched this with a mix of horror, laughter, and confusion. So, still astounded, I present Riskay's "Smell Yo D***".
  • Daily Rant:
    • I went to the mall today. It's ugly out there -- parking, crowds, screaming kids. However, one thing stood out and annoyed the hell out of me and it had nothing to do with Christmas. I kept walking past this one same guy who had his bluetooth headset in his ear as he traversed the mall. You look like a jackass. Do you want to look important? Are you trying to look like the Borg from Star Trek? Are you trying to hide some facial blemish right next to your ear? I propose that, while cars are hands-free zones for phones, everywhere else be hands-full. It's already a little annoying when someone doesn't know if you are talking to a friend or to yourself. You can hold a damn phone when you're walking around.

No comments: