- What I'm Watching/Listening To/
- Tonight was undoubtedly the best Heroes episode of the season. I know it was written only by Exec Producer Jeph Loeb, so I don't know if this was after they fired a lot of the writers or if they didn't do that until after Volume Three was finished. Either way, this episode had the it factor that the first season had. From the surprise deaths of the side villains (especially since we didn't know it would be the finale of the volume) to Peter finally getting his powers back to save his new archenemy to Sylar at his most evil, Loeb and Kring finally found the formula they had been missing for almost two years. And Michael Dorn (Worf from Star Trek: TNG) as President? Nice nerd touch at the end. Yeah, maybe the next part looks like it'll be a bit derivative of some X-Men plot lines, but the first season had some of the same themes as Watchmen and we were all okay with that.
- I know the show is a comic book, by the way, but if you're going to make a point of using Einstein's theory of relativity, you can't totally blow it. Daphne was able to travel back in time when "super-charged" by Ando because time travelled slower than normal, relative to her speed. However, if she tried to run that fast again, she'd only go back farther in time, yet somehow she made it back to the present. According to Einstein's theory, she'd only be able to go forward in time through relative gravity. She'd have to exact an impossible (as impossible as going faster than light) amount of gravity, which would make her move relatively slower enough that time would speed by her. Again, I loved the episode, but I have to call "shenanigans" on that plot point.
- Did you hear that Billy Packer is gone from CBS? Jim Nantz is paired with Clark Kellogg now. Good news.
- Random Thoughts/Links:
- Is North Carolina the best team I've ever seen? Probably not. I'm partial to the 1999 UConn team with Rip Hamilton (and the 2004 one with Okafor and Gordon wasn't too bad, either), but how can you argue with Florida from a couple of years ago?
- It seems like everyone is in a horrible mood today. I think we're all done with the year; it's really sucked aside from that whole election thing. So, let's get happy! Here (NSFW), from Jay-Z's documentary Fade to Black, is one of the most fun music-related videos I can remember seeing. Obviously, the joy is in the reaction to the great beat, but you have to love Timbaland drinking fruit punch from a gallon jug and then later eating a banana while dancing.
- Daily Rant:
- This Bernard Madoff thing is pretty insane. He's making us Jews look like money-grubbing shysters.