Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Spoiled Rotten

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • Spoiler Alert! Well, sort of. Read below for more on that. Huge surprise as Nick and Starr won the Amazing Race by a ton. They dominated the whole time. The big thing was that Toni and Dallas weren't at the finish line. It wasn't commented on, but it was noticeable, especially in light of the thing with Dallas and Starr. So where were they? Did the loss of their passports mean they are stuck forever in Russia? Were they sent to Siberia?
    • It was actually a reasonably good Heroes episode tonight. The whole using the comic book to see the future thing is a little played out. It just seems a little deus ex machina for me. But they killed off a good number of characters and they showed a path for Peter to get his powers back. Weirdest part was that catalyst power. They only showed it in this episode and it seems like it's gone forever.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • Here is the video for "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer". I dare you to watch it. I got a whole twenty-six seconds in before my ears started bleeding.
    • I'm going to lose my first-round playoff matchup by three points because the Eagles let Eli Manning throw a meaningless touchdown pass in the last minute of their game on Sunday. Sucks, but I've won championships in that league by fewer points than that (once by one, once by a tiebreaker). My other league wrapped up the regular season this week and I won by close to sixty. Here's to Brian Westbrook continuing his resurgence.
  • Daily Rant:
    • Ta-Nehisi Coates of theatlantic.com wrote a post about The Wire a few days back and talked about some of the story, specifically the death of Omar. Apparently a few people took him to task for ruining a major plot point. Let me repeat, he wrote it a few days back. The Wire had its series finale back in March. So, in light of my spoiler alert at the beginning, when is it okay to stop saying, "Spoiler Alert!" Obviously nine months is plenty. Look, if you missed the Wire finale to have sex and you've been really busy with your pregnancy and now that you've borne the child and named it Lester or Stringer, you're finally ready to see what happened with the Red String Killer and Marlo? You're out of damn luck. That craziness aside, something as big as the Amazing Race finale is even pushing it after two days. If you really cared, you'd watch it live or soon after it's over. People talk about it. Same goes for Survivor, which is usually treated as big news. I'm stretching my kindness by alerting you. Don't make me do it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had never seen the video before, but actually I told Jaimie just the other day that I knew it really was the holiday season because I had just heard the song on the radio!

:-P