Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Classic Random Babbles -- December 2, 1983

The internet is a wonderful thing where nothing is ever lost. To that effect, I was able to go back into the archives and pull up the post from twenty-five years ago today. So here is "Classic Random Babbles -- December 2, 1983". (Note: I didn't make anything up or change anything to this date.)

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • Friday night means the Duke boys! One of Enos' old rivals broke out of prison in California and came to Hazzard to settle the score. I'll give you one guess as to who won in the end.
    • During the commercials, I changed the channel to watch that new show, Webster. Something about Webster losing his teddy bear and being sad about it. We've all been there. I'll probably stick with the show a little, but I did like it better the first time I saw it when it was called Diff'rent Strokes.
    • Obviously Dallas and Falcon Crest are the big shows tonight, but they're too adult for me. I tried watching Manimal at 9, but it kind of sucks and I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't last too much longer. So I just decided to come upstairs and play Donkey Kong on my trusty TI-99/4A here, before typing this up. You can do a lot of cool stuff in Basic.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • Still can't get over the O's winning the Series this year. Between them, the Blast dominating the MISL, and the Redskins at 11-2 after winning the Super Bowl last year, Baltimore-Washington sports looks very strong. Looking forward to many more years of the same!
    • You never know what the future may bring... For instance, somewhere in some random southern state, there may be some chick named Britney something-or-other who turns, say, two today and one day she may be one of the biggest celebrities in the world. Life can be crazy like that.
  • Daily Rave:
    • Tonight, MTV premiered the new video from Michael Jackson for his song "Thriller". You can check it out here. Now, you know that the album is great, maybe the best ever. But this video... If this is what MTV is like forever, count me in. I'll be watching it as much as I can for as long as they show music videos.

No comments: