Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Star Child Lives

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • Went to see Role Models tonight. I've been meaning to for a while, because I'm a big fan of both David Wain (the director) and Paul Rudd. No joke -- you must see this movie. Obviously you can't underestimate the funniness of Paul Rudd, but the movie as a whole is hilarious. I kept almost choking because I couldn't laugh hard enough for how funny it is. Even the sappiest moments are followed up within seconds by huge laughs. It's yet another step in the resurgence of R-rated comedies.
    • I'll have the year-end awards for you later this month, but funniest movie of the year is going to be a tough one. Tropic Thunder is on such a huge scale -- it's hard to compare it to a lower-budget comedy.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • The Madden games usually have a good song or two that you may not have heard anywhere else. Right now, I'm really into this track, "We Made It" by Busta Rhymes and Linkin Park.
    • I was watching Duke play Purdue the other night. There's a funny thing in college basketball where so many of the well-known players leave early that one who stays around for four years seems like they've been around forever. Hansbrough is famously sticking around, but I keep thinking that guys like Greg Paulus or Gerald Henderson of Duke or Jeremy Pargo of Gonzaga have to be in their fifth or sixth year by now.
  • Daily Rant:

No comments: