Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Don't Narc On Me

While Josh is floating somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean, I will try to keep his streak of blogging intact.

Today, I completed my first Craigslist transaction. The entire experience totally made me feel like a drug dealer. Let me set up the story. Last week on the radio, I had won a Guitar Hero game for the Nintendo Wii. My only problem is that I don't have a Wii. I tried playing the "my brother gave me a gift for the wrong system" game at Best Buy, Toys R Us and GameStop but could not find anyone willing to swap a Wii game for a PS2 game even though the Wii game sells for $15 more. I decided Craigslist was the way to go.

I posted the game Monday night with the guarantee that I would drive it to their place in time for Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa or Festivus. A few hours later, I received a response. I found my buyer. Luckily, he lived only a few blocks from me so delivery would not be a problem. When I arrived at the person's house, the front door was open even though the temperature was rather chilly. I immediately found this kinda sketchy. The "merchandise" was in the trunk of my car. The buyer, a college kid, walks out his front door, checking me out as he approaches. He quickly stuffs a few unmarked bills in my hand, grabs the game and quickly scurries inside. The entire transaction took less than 15 seconds. It just felt really weird. I don't know why but now I know exactly what drug dealers go through. Now if I can only get sell the VRE pass that I was given...

As for the links of the day, here a couple of fun theme songs.
1) Have you ever wondered exactly what kind of relationship Larry and Balki had going on with each other? There is way too much touching in this intro.
2) Am I the only person who is still waiting for the final episode of Alf?

No comments: