Saturday, October 25, 2008

True, True

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • Rocco DiSpirito showed up on The Soup tonight, along with his run on Dancing With The Stars and guest appearances on the last two seasons of The Biggest Loser. He's being presented as this famous TV chef, but I can tell you one phrase you've never heard connected to him. "Iron Chef DiSpirito".
    • I know I've talked about how pretty Pushing Daisies is, especially in HD, but I've neglected to say how good it is also. It's one of the better paced shows and one of the better written comedies. There was an off-color joke in this past week's episode that was so quick and clever that it probably escaped at least a minor protest.
    • Mad Men is truly a great show, but sheesh. In the late '50s/early '60s, people were sexist, intolerant, and they smoked a lot. We get it.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • You remember the "Wazzup" Budweiser commercial. For a quick refresher, here it is. They did a legit remake (not affiliated with Budweiser) for this year's election. You can see it here. If that's not genius, I don't know what is.
    • Hitting the ground game tomorrow for an up-close-and-personal look at the influx of border state volunteers into Pennsylvania.
  • Daily Rant:
    • After the news that the highest-paid person in the McCain campaign is Gov. Palin's makeup artist, I decided that she has now completely jumped the shark. So I went to the office next to mine and said just that. The co-worker, who is older, looked at me blankly and admitted that she had never heard that phrase before. I, flabbergasted, explained it. Then, I went to two co-workers who are my age and younger and expressed surprise that the first had never heard of "jumping the shark". Neither had ever heard of it as well. I made sure they weren't just kidding about that. That wasn't exactly an obscure phrase, right?

No comments: