- What I'm Watching/Listening To/
- The Biggest Loser should be renamed The Biggest Whore. Granted, that was the working title of A Shot At Love With Tila Tequila. But seriously, the show pimps products like Don "Magic" Juan pimps ladies. Be it gum, plastic bags, sandwiches, or anything else they can squeeze a dime out of, you can hear about wonderful things on that show.
- Also, the great twist tonight was that the family that lost the least weight had to choose one of their own to go home. Sort of a reality show Sophie's Choice.
- I got bored with the Friedman book; not into reading about the global economy. But then I realized I had David Sedaris' new book laying around. So there you go.
- Random Thought (Mini-Essay):
- I read the transcript of Palin's latest with Couric and it was fine. Maybe a touch controversial with her saying that homosexuality is a choice, but totally fine. Although, word is that something super embarrassing is coming down the pike over the next couple of days (think: Brown vs. Board of Education or Plessy vs. Ferguson). The bottom line is that while she may not be the brightest bulb, she's certainly not worthless mentally. She's had plenty of interviews in the past and done well with them. I think what this comes down to is that she's getting so stuffed full of talking points that she's trying to hit them all and has lost her ability to actually think for herself. She can't answer naturally because she has too much other stuff to remember. This reminds me of something from pop culture. In the episode of Married... With Children entitled "Kelly Knows Something" (Season 8, Episode 26 -- unfortunately, one of the few not available on Hulu), the family is in need of money and, upon discovering that Kelly can remember anything told to her, they send her on a sports trivia show. The rub, as Hamlet might say, is that Kelly forgets something for everything forced into her head. This doesn't hurt them until the final question when she's asked who scored four touchdowns for Polk High in one game and can't remember. Let's hope that they don't force feed Palin too many talking points for fear of a question about which of the presidential candidates was a POW.
- Daily Rant:
- Just not feeling yom tov this year. I don't know if this is a rant so much as a sad reality. I could say it's the election and the economy, but those would probably just be bad excuses.