- What I'm Watching/Listening To/
- Lots of Barack tonight. We had the big infomercial, an interview on The Daily Show, and his first joint appearance with President Clinton. I caught all of the first two and a good bit of the third (on CSPAN). The Obama Show was done well with solid production values and it was moving at times. I thought the whole live thing was a little weird and maybe didn't fit so well because it didn't seem as different from the rest of the show as I might have liked it to be. As for Clinton, it's pretty inspiring, as a Democrat, to see those two together. We may have grown sour on him during the South Carolina primary fiasco, but we do love us some Bubba. But the best line of the night comes from The Daily Show, when Stewart got Obama to joke about how his white half may fall victim to the (thoroughly de-bunked) "Bradley Effect" and vote against his black half once he gets into the booth.
- Congrats to the Phillies on am impressive, if slightly weird and anti-climactic, dismantling of the Rays. Both teams have a lot of young talent and I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them (especially the Rays) back in contention next year.
- Random Thoughts/Links:
- Psyched to have Cole Hamels on my keeper league fantasy baseball team.
- I stepped outside tonight to walk my dog and I was taken aback by what looked to be, in the split second I saw it, a huge dog standing on my lawn and then running away. I turned to watch it go and saw it was actually a deer. Pretty cool, though now I'm afraid that it's waiting outside to eat me.
- Daily Rant:
- I was ready to go insane about the new faces of the Republican Party, Sarah Palin and Joe The Plumber. Specifically, both of them talk about Israel and how Obama will somehow destroy it, and it pisses me off. Since Gallup has found that Jewish voters prefer Obama by 74% to 22%, they must think we either hate Israel or we're horribly gullible. But... I lost my anger after watching Olbermann's "Campaign Comment" tonight on the farce of Sam The Unlicensed Plumber/Aspiring Country Singer/Aspiring Politician/Aspiring Writer/National Joke. Here it is: