Wednesday, February 10, 2010

And Snow On And Snow On

  • The Monologue:
    • Seriously, this winter stuff is out of hand. My dog was attacked by a penguin today when we went for a walk.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • Have I sung the praises of Human Target yet? The show is even more awesome than the opening credits, which are awesome in their own right. It's the kind of show you can pop in and out of and get pretty consistent (so far) thrills.
    • Group night is always my favorite night on Idol for two reasons. First, it's the one night that is the least scripted and the most like a regular reality show. Second, it has the most interpersonal tension of any episode. Tonight was a little blah, though. The tension wasn't as bad as usual, the good performances weren't that good, for the most part. The bad performances weren't that bad. I don't really understand some of the decisions (the girl with the huge glasses stayed and is awful and the ex-con, Matt Lawrence, left and had my favorite voice of the auditions), but that won't matter for more than one more week anyway. Two more weeks to the live shows.
    • Watched The Hangover tonight, leaving Waltz With Bashir (which I'm not about to watch again, no matter how good it was the first time) as the only movie I picked up for the storms and didn't watch. The Hangover is just as funny on the third viewing (saw it twice in the theater) and I still find new things I missed. I also realized that the other day I said it was great when Ed Helms brushes the chicken off of the counter, but it was actually Bradley Cooper.
    • This article confuses me. Too many comic book movies! Ryan Reynolds is playing Green Lantern for DC, while we already know he'll be playing Dead Pool for Marvel? There's going to be a sequel to Dark Knight? Wouldn't that actually be a sequel to Batman Begins? Do we consider Last Crusade a sequel to Temple of Doom?
  • Random Music Video:
    • Twenty years ago today, the new Billboard chart came out with a new #1. You better believe I'll take any chance I can get to give you MC Skat Kat.

No comments: