Monday, February 22, 2010

America! F***, Yeah!

  • The Monologue:
    • This one is too easy. Some doctors have asked companies to redesign the hot dog because of choking risks. [Joke redacted.]
    • The Dalai Lama has a Twitter account where he follows zero people. On the other hand, he has over 15,000 followers. So he has that going for him. Which is nice.
    • Miley Cyrus is going to present at the Oscars. It's not like a joke is needed for that, but it is a fitting follow-up to when she presented the Nobel Peace Prize last year.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • Big Love is really creepy. The whole idea of FLDS is disturbing and they're really pushing the envelope with some of that this year.
    • With not much TV on against the Olympics (for the record, ice dancing is my least favorite event), I can continue to catch up on some shows I started at the end of last year. I just watched the third season premiere of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. If you watch one episode of a sitcom in the near future, make it this one, entitled "The Gang Finds a Dumpster Baby".
    • The more I watch Kansas, the more I'm convinced that I'll pick them when the brackets come out in twenty days. More on basketball in the coming few weeks.
    • The last half of the second hour of today's "The Tony Kornheiser Show" (it's available as a podcast on iTunes) was as funny as radio gets. The newsman read a story about a horrible death and, for a certain reason, got the giggles, which spread around the studio. It's the funniest show on the air and I can't remember many times when it was as laugh-out-loud funny as today.
  • Random Rant:
    • Last night, in celebration of the exciting US win over Canada, Sarah Palin tweeted some cheers, including the exclamation: "AMERICA!!". Look, I'm proud of Team USA, but yelling "America" makes my skin crawl. There's just something about that that makes me feel weird. They are "Team USA". "Team America" was the movie where the puppets f***ed each other.

No comments: