Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Into My Little World

  • The Monologue:
    • A woman was fired for writing an e-mail all in caps, thereby being confrontational. She sued and won. But, hey, she was a total bitch anyway. ;)
    • Brett Favre got in trouble for throwing an illegal block in Monday night's game. He didn't mean to; he just couldn't decide if he wanted to get out of the way of the defender or not.
    • Adam "Pacman" Jones has signed with a CFL team. He's being paid a lot less then when he was in the NFL, but the strip clubs in Montreal are better than the ones in the U.S. He's totally going to faites-lui la pluie.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • I'm working my way through the feature piece from the next issue of The New Yorker and it is a doozy, a story about an innocent man and the death penalty in Texas. I'll finish it tomorrow and report back.
    • As far as network sit-coms go, I loved My Name is Earl and now I watch and mostly enjoy How I Met Your Mother. But 30 Rock is so far above any of these others; I suppose there's a reason it keeps winning Emmy after Emmy.
    • Had my second fantasy football draft tonight and I ended up drafting Tom Brady. I'm finding from my conflicting feelings that I don't particularly like Tom Brady. He puts up the points, though.
  • Random Music Video
    • A little Depeche Mode, perhaps?

No comments: