Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mad 'Cause I'm Flagrant

  • The Monologue:
    • A scenario: The news of Patrick Swayze's death broke on Monday night. Let's say that after the Patriots came back against the Bills, Suzy Kolber had stopped Tom Brady and he had said, "Well, I thought we were finished there, but my man, the Swayz, came down from heaven and caused that fumble and we were able to win the game." Would Tom Brady immediately become the greatest person ever to walk the earth in the 6,000-year-less-six-day history of people?
    • Chris Brown started his community service today and was photographed picking up trash in Virginia. Damn, I knew Tila Tequila was over Shawne Merriman, but did she have to let Chris holler at her so soon?
    • They keep doing movies of TV shows. They should totally make an A-Team movie with an esteemed actor as Hannibal, a smarmy good-looking actor as Faceman, and some bad-ass fighter as Mr. T. That would be awesome. Oh, this isn't a joke. It's happening.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • I enjoy that 90210 decided to take a page out of the Saved by the Bell book and make the stoners and geeks as stereotypically stoned and geeky as possible. It almost makes up for how lame the new opening theme is.
    • Also, they mentioned "Spence Montgomery" again in the episode. I wonder how people in my everyday life would react if I decided to just start dropping that name every so often. "So I was talking to my friend, Spence Montgomery..."
    • I'm not really sure why I watch Hung. It's okay, at times, but not all that good. The first season is over, so I don't need to mull it over too much, but I can't figure it out.
    • Entourage may be falling back into bad habits. This episode was not horribly compelling and there was too much Drama. Except... The Ari/Lloyd feud has major promise. Hopefully, they'll focus on that to the exclusion of many other things. And Eric's girlfriend still looks weird.
  • Random Music Video:
    • Had to after that first joke, right? For as cheesily classic the beginning is and as great as Biggie's part is, this video sucks so much:

No comments: