Wednesday, September 23, 2009

One More Day

  • The Monologue:
    • Big trouble in Bedford, NY, as Moamar Qadafi rented Donald Trump's house and put up a big tent in the backyard. Turns out he was holding auditions for Terrorist Apprentice.
    • Sarah Palin is touring Asia and gave a big speech. She made a quick stop in Siberia and was heard to say, "Hey, is that my house? I can see my house!"
    • A high school QB set a record by scoring nine touchdowns in a single game. Or, as the official rulebook calls it, a two-and-a-quarter Bundy.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • Speaking of Ed O'Neill, I tuned into the new show Modern Family tonight. The last twenty-eight minutes of the show may have been the best in the history of TV. But I wouldn't know because I shut it off after the first two interminably boring ones.
    • Started the third season of 30 Rock on DVD. It's even better than the first two, which is saying a lot.
    • One can expect a lot out of the new incarnation of 90210: cheesy dialogue, unbelievable situations, costumes that can't decide in which decade the show takes place. What one might not expect is a Nolan Reimold reference. Reimold, the stud rookie left fielder for the Baltimore Orioles, and teammate Adam Jones both got name checks on 90210. Not clear? I'll say it again. Dialogue on 90210 referenced both Adam Jones and Nolan Reimold.
    • Plus, the third episode of the season included a third straight Spence Montgomery reference! I'm going to be crushed if he ever actually shows up as a character. The name is bigger than the person at this point.
    • Catching up on TV -- great Entourage this week with some actual strong Drama stuff and the new Bored to Death, starring Jason Schwartzman as a self-loathing, pot-smoking writer and wannabe private detective, is also pretty good.
  • Random Music Video:
    • In light of the disturbing news regarding Mackenzie Phillips, I thought it appropriate to focus more on her half-sister, Chynna, and Chynna's band-mates Carnie and Wendy Wilson, who presumably did not lie in bed just like Brian Wilson did. I don't know that I'll ever hear "California Dreamin'" the same way again, so kick it Wilson Phillips!

2 comments:

Steve said...

Modern Family was hysterical. You missed out.

Josh said...

I had heard great buzz about it, but I just lost interest quickly. Maybe I'll try to check it out online.