Monday, August 31, 2009

Trees In The Forest

  • The Monologue:
    • Quick: what do Ricky Rubio and I have in common? Neither of us will be playing for the Timberwolves next year. Good pick, guys.
    • Disney bought Marvel. Everyone's making jokes about Wolverine versus Snow White. Not me. I'm actually excited about the idea of the comic book company having a big movie studio behind it. We're this much closer to Ghost Rider 2, people!
    • I'm excited for vacation after a rough few weeks at work. My boss, Rich Rodriguez, keeps promising me it's going to better, but he works me so hard.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • Finished the first season of 30 Rock. It amuses me greatly that the second-to-last episode includes a trip to Cleveland, replete with a travel montage of the best sites. Not only did I visit all of those sites when I was there for two days back in July, but they are all within like a five-block radius of each other. Cleveland, ladies and gentlemen.
    • I'm getting a little bored with the premium cable TV shows. Weeds and Entourage have lost "it" and I don't know if Hung ever really had "it" in the first place. At least Curb Your Enthusiasm (September 20) and Dexter (September 27) are coming back soon and HBO's new Bored to Death (September 20) has to be good with its three main stars -- Jason Schwartzman, Ted Danson, and Zach Galifianakis.
    • The theater scene from Inglourious Basterds is the most celebrated one and the one which I could watch a million times, but I'd be lax if I didn't mention the opening scene as well. It's all dialogue but it is intense. Landa's monologue in this scene about the Jews and rats is tremendous. I still can't get over this movie.
  • Your List Sucks!: Top 5 Favorite Quentin Tarantino Films
    • 5. Kill Bill, Vol. I
    • 4. Reservoir Dogs
    • 3. Jackie Brown
    • 2. Inglourious Basterds
    • 1. Pulp Fiction

1 comment:

Roy said...

Ghost Rider 2? Already in development.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1071875/