Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fat, Drunk, And Stupid Is No Way To Go Through Second Life

  • The Monologue:
    • Studies show the average gamer is overweight and depressed. Give me grant money to tell you obvious things. Come on, give me grant money!
    • The only convicted bomber of Pan Am flight 103 was freed from prison. Happy to be free, he was returned to Libya. D'oh!
    • Former Homeland Security head Tom Ridge said today that the Bush administration asked him to raise the terror alert right before the 2004 election. In other breaking, shocking news, studies show the average gamer is overweight and depressed.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • CNN has this article on the twelve annoying types of Facebook users. I'm writing this sentence about the twelve annoying types of journalists who fool an editor into publishing stupid lists.
    • Saw Coraline tonight. Eh. I guess kids would like it, unless kids somehow have short attention spans. But I don't think that's-- Ooh, an article on annoying Facebook users! I hate those people!
    • Speaking of, I'm in the middle of Ben Mezrich's new book, The Accidental Billionaires, about the founding of Facebook. It's a quick read, similar to his other books.
    • Trying to figure out when I'll get the chance to see the new Tarantino movie. Very excited for it. Very into "Jews kicking ass" movies right now.
    • This site is pretty funny, sort of a TFLN of Facebook.
  • Random Helpful Hint:
    • Not only does one get fat and sad like I did from playing Madden tonight, but the eyesight starts to go, too. Now this kid can't play baseball! Luckily, the boy with the weird man's body but kid's voice (thanks, steroids!) will overcome that. But he'll look like a nerd at the end. Nerd!

No comments: