Saturday, July 25, 2009

They Did It. They Actually Did It.

I could tell you about how I accompanied my wife to see The Ugly Truth, Katherine Heigl's new film, tonight. But what would there be to say? It's basically the same plot as the great film The Tao of Steve, but it has no subtlety, very poor writing and acting, and a remarkable and unnecessary amount of profanity. The hour-and-forty-five minute Cosmo article does end the same way as The Hangover did (in that the Flo Rida song is playing over the credits). I almost rooted for Gerard Butler as the brutish man until I realized that, by the end, they would be emasculating King Leonidas. So instead, I sat back, enjoyed the cheesiness, and mused over the inexplicable giggles of delight coming from the young women peppered throughout the theater.

Rather, I'll point out a video from cracked.com, entitled "Black Eyed Peas Have Officially Written The Worst Song Ever". And indeed they have. It makes "You're a Jerk" from the other night look like... Well, okay it still looks like garbage, but not as bad garbage. Maybe a rotted banana peel that can be used nicely for fuel in your Mr. Fusion as opposed to the Black Eyed Peas' diaper full of Indian food. I bet few people have ever been daring enough to work Back to the Future and Anchorman references into the same sentence. 60% of the time it works every time, Marty. So, please to watch the actual video of the song (for as long as you can stand it) and then go to Cracked's analysis.


1 comment:

Betsy said...

I watched the video first. I don't think he even covered the worst parts of the song. The lyrics weren't at their worst when they were repeating the same line over and over. It's actually everything else they said that sucked worse. Also, "My Humps" is still worse.