Monday, July 27, 2009

Shake It Up, Whatever I Do

Trying out a new format for at least a few days. We shall see, let me know what you think.

  • The Monologue:
    • Michael Jackson, yes, Michael Jackson, remember him? Michael Jackson's hair is going to be turned into diamonds. He's gone right past white and he's headed for clear.
    • Okay, I was totally wrong last week when I said that the Skip Gates thing was racism. I admit it. I guess I just see racism everywhere. Like Kim Kardashian broke up with Reggie Bush? I don't know. I'm fearing she's this close to making a sex tape with Joe Jonas.
    • Comic Con just wrapped up. Geeks from all over descended on San Diego. I'm sure it was a lot of fun for them, but you have to question the organizers' decision to have Don Gibb get everyone's attention for announcements.
    • Finally, today is former CBS sideline reporter Jill Arrington's birthday. She used to be considered the most attractive sports reporter. Remember her? No? Rumor is that she's started drilling holes in the walls of her hotel rooms for some reason.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • Getting very close on the list of my top 100 movies. I expect to roll it out throughout next week.
    • Weak episode this week, Entourage. Very weak. Not as bad as it's been, but not nearly as good as the first two of the year.
    • It's as close to confirmed as you're going to get for now: Tony Kornheiser will almost definitely be back on 980 AM on September 8. Pretty psyched.
    • Just a tiny Lost snippet? This and this are two of the videos the producers showed at the Lost panel at Comic Con. Very interesting.
  • Random Movie Scene:
    • I love the Casablanca one and I figure this can alternate with the music videos every so often. Pick me out a winner, Bobby.

No comments: