Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Horseshoes? Horseshoes!

  • Random Pop Culture:
    • I'm dying to write in depth about the perfection of Mad Men. Only halfway through the second season, so I'll save it until right before the third season premiere next month.
    • This trailer, for a 1974 movie starring Sean Connery, came to my attention today and is long and incomprehensible. I added it to my Netflix queue.
    • I think it's cheesy to mark anniversaries of blogs because you're only congratulating yourself, but I did screw up by not marking that three days ago was our 666th post. I'm sure I could have found an Iron Maiden (excellent!) song to play instead of writing my 666th Lost analysis.
  • Random Hatred and/or Love:
    • Because the president's news conference got moved up an hour, the on-screen cable listings had not all caught up with the schedule change. So when I was watching a bit of the Obama show on NBC, I hit the "guide" button to see "America's Got Talent". Hehe.
    • Oh, and health care reform is coming. It's been too discussed since the primaries last year to just fade away. There have been a lot of things in American history that have needed to change that have taken too long. But they all change at some point.
  • Random Music Video:
    • So I'm still trudging through my Civil War book, reading all about how Grant made his name by taking a small army in Ohio/Kentucky and working his way south into Mississippi until he took the Confederate railroad hub at Corinth, MS by winning a battle fought next to a stone church called Shiloh. Thinking about the river he went down and the state he fought through, coupled with the fact that I gave you such a crappy song last night? You're welcome.

No comments: