Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Slappy Tuesday

  • The Monologue:
    • Arnold Schwarzenegger was caught on film parking his Porsche illegally in Beverly Hills. And then it blew up. Because all traffic cameras in Southern California are operated by Michael Bay.
    • Las Vegas leads the country with the highest percentage (81.8%) of homeowners owing more on their house than the house is worth, but we can get it down to 40% if only black will hit just once.
    • Lou Dobbs is thinking about running for the White House. So am I. So am I.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • Is it me or have there been a whole lot of non-elimination legs on The Amazing Race this year?
    • I'm still one episode -- tonight's -- behind on V, but it still seems pretty lame. It's trying really hard to be Battlestar Galactica, but a) it's failing and b) BSG wasn't a network-type show anyway.
    • Lost returns on February 2, Idol and 24 in the middle of January.
    • I've had "Somewhere Out There" in my freaking head all freaking day.
  • Random TV Scene:
    • Was going to go with more Community -- the laugh-out-loud Troy/Abed kicker this past week with the pepper water -- but there was more than one funny show over the last few days. Here's the end of last night's great How I Met Your Mother. Sure, South Park did this to some extent with the Mr. Hanky fake commercial, but I still enjoyed this quite a bit:

No comments: