- Houston (-3.5) at Buffalo: I'm totally prepared for Buffalo to win this game.
- Miami (+3.5) at New York Jets: There haven't been many stupid controversies than the one over Mark Sanchez eating a hot dog on the sidelines last week.
- Indianapolis (-13.5) vs. San Francisco: No reason to bet against Manning.
- Detroit (-4) vs. St. Louis: This game is blacked out in Detroit. They're actually lucky.
- Dallas (-9.5) vs. Seattle: Seattle's toast.
- Chicago (-13) vs. Cleveland: Chicago has to show some kind of fire at some point, right?
- Baltimore (-3) vs. Denver: I'd expect a push, though this is also somewhat wishful thinking.
- New York Giants (-1.5) at Philadelphia: The Eagles just aren't that good.
- San Diego (-16.5) vs. Oakland: Thump.
- Tennessee (-3) vs. Jacksonville: Yes, I'm betting on Vince Young. But they just can't keep losing, can they?
- Arizona (-10) vs. Carolina: I don't believe it ended well for the Panthers the last time these two teams faced off.
- Green Bay (-3) vs. Minnesota: Who the hell knows? This could go either way.
- New Orleans (-11) vs. Atlanta: The first time I saw the over/under was Wednesday when it was at 54 (my guess was 60). It's now at 55. What total would surprise you? 70 points? 80?
Sunday, November 1, 2009
A rare second post for the day for my picks. Would love to also comment on the baseball game, but ugh. Last week, 5-7-1; overall, 59-43-1: