- The Yankees have done such a great job of answering any Philly momentum in the last three games. Every time the Phillies go ahead or tie it, the Yankees answer almost immediately. Once Damon got on in the ninth tonight, I had no doubt that the Yankees would go ahead. It was just a matter of whether or not the Phillies could tie it up against Rivera. Once Posada put the Yanks up three, the comeback was out of the question.
- Lee should win tomorrow night. Burnett on three days' rest is probably a pretty bad idea. That may also be the case for Pettitte, so the Series isn't totally over yet. Except it probably is. The Phillies will have a chance to send it to Game 7, but they could just as easily go very quietly, considering how the last few games have gone.
- The Ravens usually play very well against the Broncos, but today's game was still a surprisingly easy win. The only time I felt nervous in any way was one a Broncos drive at the end of the first half that ended with a punt just outside of field goal range. Otherwise, the only time Denver moved the ball was on a questionable pass interference penalty. Complete domination in all three aspects -- especially special teams -- by the Ravens. Big game in Cincinnati next week. Biggest game of the season so far.
- I don't know if it's a conditioning thing, but the Vikings continue to fall apart on defense in the second half of games. Luckily, their offense is great, so they stay ahead, but this keeps happening.
- I guess we learned that the Giants and Jets both aren't that good. So at least Yankees fans will feel bittersweet tomorrow.