Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Digging On Swine

  • The Monologue:
    • I got the Swine Flu vaccine today, first time I've ever gotten a flu shot of any kind. I feel okay and my arm smells succulent.
    • Mike Shanahan is going to be the head coach of the Redskins and will make the personnel decisions. That never works out well; one of the duties inevitably is given short shrift. Although being badly coached or having crappy players is an improvement for the Skins. At least one of those will be okay.
    • Vince Vaughn got married. Rumor has it that he even gave a half-assed performance in the wedding video.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • You following the Brit Hume stuff? I'm sure he thinks he was doing the right thing, though bashing Buddhism was stupid. And then this, about how he didn't think he was proselytizing? I can't agree more with the point in that post, but we can go further. If he were Muslim and said what he said? Yikes.
    • Still watching Lost. Got to the Libby episode, which is pretty annoying. Still unsure about all the Jacob stuff, as I get close to the end of Season 2 and the first Jacob mention. Before they got to the island, Jacob visited Jack, Kate, Sawyer, John, and Sun and Jin, but why were only the first three on his list? Relates to why Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sayid (all visited by Jacob at that point) went back to 1977 from the Ajira flight, but Sun didn't. Don't get it. Guess I'll find out in four weeks from tonight, or some Tuesday soon thereafter.
    • I'm addicted to the pickup basketball game on Wii Sports Resort. Admission is the first step, right?
  • Random Music Video:
    • Recording began forty-five years ago today on this, one of the great modern songs.

No comments: