Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Who, Indeed?

  • The Monologue:
    • Two South Carolina Republicans made an anti-Semitic remark in an op-ed piece. To be fair, they did apologize, admitting that they were "drunk as Irishmen" when they wrote the piece.
    • The headline says: "Biden to reassure Poles during European trip." When he was president, Clinton liked to let female advisors reassure the poles for him.
    • I think I meant that as a stripper pole joke, but I guess it works on a few levels.
    • Uganda's new king was serving as a nurse's aid in the US. This is the most shocking turn of events since that prince who was hiding as a worker at McDonald's, I mean McDowell's.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • Snoop Dogg turns 38 today. I'm sure he's doing something to celebrate, but I can't for the life of me figure out what.
    • TV critic Alan Sepinwall tweeted his dream House team today: Kutner, Amber, Chase. I'm just not feeling Kutner there. He was fine, but I don't think the show lost so much when he killed himself (maybe it even added because it was a mystery that House couldn't solve). It's hard not to just go with Foreman, Cameron, and Chase, but I'll go with Foreman, Amber, and Chase. You can't have the show without Foreman, end of discussion. Amber was the good comic foil, as disapproving of House as Cameron is but funnier and nastier about it. Chase is fairly obvious as the perfect weasel who potentially sabotages House's crazy style.
    • Sarah Palin is going to appear on Oprah. Who else is excited? It's yet another reason not to watch Oprah. And, similarly, yet another reason to not watch Sarah Palin on TV.
    • Today marks the DVD release of the latest Transformers movie. I can't recommend enough that you watch it, assuming you have Netflix or Blockbuster Online. Don't actually spend any money on it. It is a fascinating film because it is flawed in so many ways. I'm actually getting it tomorrow from Netflix so that a) my wife can see it and b) I can write the in-depth analysis I promised (threatened?) I'd write back when I first saw it.
  • Random Video:
    • Sure, we want to beat the crap out of the entire family, but anyone who takes a cable news guy down a notch gets a point in my book.

No comments: