Friday, October 2, 2009

Running Game And Re-Attaching Baby Arms

  • The Monologue:
    • Someone apparently tried to extort money from Dave Letterman over secret affairs. They gave him a list of ten demands, but the second-to-last was the best.
    • Scientists revealed that they found a new primitive species that gets us closer to the common ancestor between apes and people. Mrs. The Cable Guy was thankful as her husband, Larry, had been missing for two days.
    • Scientists revealed that they found a new primitive species that gets us closer to the common ancestor between apes and people. It was discovered when its position was given away by laughter at Jay Leno's jokes.
    • The IOC is deciding whether they want to hold the Olympics in Rio or Chicago. It's the truth, but that sentence is pretty funny all the same.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • On Survivor: Samoa, the battle continued between the yellow tribe and the purple tribe (not pictured). Once we saw that Russell agreed that Ben had been racist last episode, the drama was fairly sucked out of this one aside from the good fight at tribal.
    • It's not okay to show me a newborn baby with a severed arm, Grey's Anatomy. I'm really looking forward to next week when you decapitate a puppy. Although, Mark Sloan's line? Classic. "You know why I don't lose my job? Because I re-attach baby arms."
    • Flash Forward is really, really good. Be interesting to see how long they can keep up the intensity. Lost managed it for two seasons (and got it back eventually).
    • Three more days left in the baseball season. I won't jinx it yet, but I'm pretty proud of what I have the chance to accomplish.
  • Random TV Scene:
    • I don't roll with The Office because I'm way too much of a snob about the BBC one. Thinking about going to see a movie tomorrow and it will be either the new Michael Moore one or the new Ricky Gervais one. Be interesting to do a ranking of the purely funniest people around right now. I think Gervais would be considerably higher on the list than one would think at first glance.

No comments: