- What I'm Watching/Listening To/
- Is Amanda the cutest female Survivor ever? Something has to balance out how many women I know that love James.
- One thing about working at
I never could stomach, all the damn vampires. First person besides Elisha to understand that horribly obscure two-part reference wins the (non-existent)prize. Seattle Grace Hospital
- Random movie recommendation of the day: “Rope” by Alfred Hitchcock. The first Hitchcock movie starring James Stewart, it deals with two young men who decide, based on a former professor’s theories, that there are those in society who are better than others, and therefore can murder a lesser. They strangle a classmate, hide his body in a chest, and then hold a dinner party for the victim’s fiancée and family. Stewart plays the former professor who comes to the party and begins to suspect something. Hitchcock uses long takes and an interesting mix of sound to build suspense throughout. By the end, I was on the edge of my seat and leaning forwards, hanging on every word.
- Random Thoughts/Links:
- I’d love for Al Gore to run for President. And I’m pretty sure that nobody has won a Grammy, Oscar, and Nobel Peace Prize in the same year (Jamie Foxx was only missing the Grammy, I think). It doesn’t change the fact that his movie is WAY overrated.
- So the Mets are done in, in part, by the Nats. And
the Yankees are done in, in part, by the gnats. I don’t think Misters King Cole and Turner would be welcome in New York if they were to rise from the dead.
- Daily Rant:
- Why does the weather have to jump so much? 90 one day, approximately 20 below zero the next. Isn’t God all about moderation? That’s what some flyer or other I saw somewhere told me. A nice smooth transition would be great. This is like jumping from ultra-conservative Nixon to ultra-liberal Carter with no worthless Ford in between. It’s like watching an Aronofsky movie followed by a Farrelly Brothers movie. Your brain turns to that stuff they used to make the Statue of Liberty dance in Ghostbusters II, just without the Jackie Wilson music and the whole sort-of-haunted angle. Damn, that movie made no sense. And speaking of movies, this whole weather thing can be blamed on the Nobel Laureate from Tennessee himself. He invented global warming just like he invented the Internet. It’s just for the Internet, all he got was an e-mail saying he might have won a Nobel Peace Prize, but he’ll have to deposit a small sum of $1,000 into a bank account to help secure it.