Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday, Monday

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • I guess the strength in an ensemble show like "Heroes" or "Lost" is that you can do an episode without your two biggest stars and it doesn't detract from the show.
    • Cleveland has the upper hand now, but at this point, I don't know if I'd be surprised if Colorado won tonight, 4 straight in the Series, and all 162 next year.
    • Let's see, Elliott has his obsession with the Caps and now the Junkies are spending time talking about MMA. Somehow, I don't think Donnie Simpson is talking about second(at best)-rate sports.
    • Caught the series premiere of "Pushing Daisies" yesterday. I am very, very impressed. Very Burton-esque.
    • Have to actually read for a class I just started taking. Homework? Wow-wow-wee-wow.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • Brian Westbrook. Warrick Dunn. Tiki Barber. All guys who experts said couldn't carry the load between the tackles and later became stars. All I'm saying is that Reggie Bush looked pretty strong inside last night.
    • I think my dog may be homeless... He keeps using paper to curl up on and likes hiding under things. If he holds up a sign that says, "Will Sit for Food," he's out the door and on his way to meeting Katow-Jo.
    • Trader Joe's makes/sells some pretty good snacky stuff, even if I feel like a dirty hippie every time I step inside.
  • Daily Rant:
    • Ok, so apparently I'm a Kucinich guy, or something. I'm all for civil rights and all, but can we get over this idea that the government wants to track all of us all of the time? I saw a story on CNN today about how Maryland is in the forefront of using license plate-scanning to catch people who are running EZ-Pass lanes. The ACLU is protesting a bit because they feel that it will lead to the government knowing where we are. Well, you know what? People who don't feel like they should pay tolls or wait in line because they are better somehow should be tracked so we can all find them and tell them what a-holes they are.

No comments: