Sunday, October 21, 2007

Puttin' On The Ritz!

  • What I'm Watching/Listening To/Reading:
    • I'm late for my Saturday post because we were in NYC to see the new Young Frankenstein musical. Hilarious, filthy, amazing special effects for a stage show. It's the only thing I saw today, so that's it.
  • Random Thoughts/Links:
    • Quick Week 7 picks. (4-8-1 last week).
      • Baltimore (-3) vs. Buffalo. The Ravens D is looking very hungry right now.
      • Cincinnati (-6.5) vs. N.Y. Jets. They have to have some pride, right?
      • Minnesota (+9) vs. Dallas. Too many points for a good defense/running game combo.
      • Detroit (-2.5) vs. Tampa Bay. Who the hell knows? Who the hell cares?
      • New England (-16) vs. Miami. Don't know if I really buy this, but have to keep picking them.
      • New Orleans (-8.5) vs. Atlanta. I really do think the Saints are back.
      • N.Y. Giants (-9) vs. San Francisco. The 49ers aren't so good.
      • Kansas City (+2.5) vs. Oakland. I also believe that Larry Johnson is back.
      • Chicago (+5.5) vs. Philadelphia. I think a field goal is right here.
      • Pittsburgh (-3.5) vs. Denver. Man, I wish I lived in Vegas right about now.
      • Seattle (-8.5) vs. St. Louis. The Rams are really, really bad.
      • Houston (+1.5) vs. Tennessee. I'll take a home dog in a divisional matchup.
      • Arizona (+8.5) vs. Washington. Big, big line.
      • Indianapolis (-3) vs. Jacksonville. Peyton comes out to play in primetime.
    • I've been up for 21 straight hours right now after 3 hours of sleep last night.
    • The M&M store in Times Square had super long lines and in order to get free candy, you basically had to pick it up off the floor as people dropped it. The Hershey store gave away multiple pieces of free chocolate. Not real close in terms of enjoyment.
  • Daily Rant:
    • One of the people we were with today attempted to start a conversation at one point by remarking, "Hey, do you see all of those yellow taxis?" Do you really need to talk so badly? What happened to "Better to close your mouth and seem a fool than to open it and remove all doubt?" We're in freaking Times Square! You can't find some random sign or ad to remark on? Taxis? Hoo boy, there sure are a lot in New York City. I also saw some homeless people, some people handing out flyers, and, imagine this, met a Jew. This New York place is nuts!

No comments: