- What I'm Watching/Listening To/
- The Tipping Point is really an intriguing book. I had 100 pages yesterday for homework and it just flew by. Interesting theories that are fairly intuitive, written in a narrative style. Good To Great has maybe more interesting points, but the writing is so dry that everyone in my class is reading it first, so Tipping Point is kind of a reward for getting through it.
- What We'll All Be Watching Dept.: What are the odds that Pats-Colts lives up to the hype? The office consensus is 10-1. I'm leaning Colts early -- how do you pick against the undefeated Super Bowl champions at home, who have moved the ball at will against the Pats in recent memory?
- Random Thoughts/Links:
- Save the cheerleader, save the... Please, save the cheerleader!
- Funny how the more we know about some candidates, the less we think of them. Back in February, I was 100% behind Obama for the nomination and wouldn't have minded Rudy winning it all too much. But now, Giuliani has decided to emulate the McPresident and Obama had the McClurkin fiasco, which I can't even begin to forgive. All of a sudden, I'm probably 40% Hillary, 35% Obama, and 25% Edwards (particularly after his appearance on Bill Maher), and I want anyone but Rudy.
- And finally, in honor of the passing of Robert Goulet, two important links:
- Daily Rant:
- We pause today to honor Goulet. Any participant in an all-time great Elvis story deserves at least as much. Back tomorrow with more, including the triumphant return of Your List Sucks! I leave with a question -- do you want to participate in Random Babbles? Many blogs have "teams", where multiple people can post as they desire. If you're interested in becoming part of the Random Babbles team, drop me an e-mail. If you don't have my e-mail address, this offer isn't for you (sorry).