Here are mine. Feel free to add your own.
- The Wire -- People preach about its greatness so much that it probably seems overhyped. Words can't do it justice.
- Freaks and Geeks -- One quick season of comic/poignant genius. The ultimate "brilliant but cancelled" show.
- Undeclared -- More straight comedy than Freaks and Geeks. The Jason Segel/Kyle Gass/David Krumholtz trio was only in three episodes, but it stole the show.
- Y Tu Mama Tambien -- My favorite foreign film and maybe the artsiest film I like, but it's not art in an unwatchable way.
- High Fidelity -- The book, not the movie. It's perfect. All of the male psyche laid bare.
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay -- Simply, the greatest book I've ever read (or maybe tied with Huckleberry Finn). I can understand if someone couldn't get through, say, Everything Is Illuminated because it is written in such difficult prose. Chabon writes Kavalier and Clay as straight-forward as he can and blows everything else away.