Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Would The Fake State Of The Union Address Be Called The "Commonwealth Of The Union Address"?

  • Random Pop Culture:
    • On a suggestion/whim, I decided to subject myself to the Nicolas Cage movie Gone in 60 Seconds, via Netflix Watch Instantly. Great movie. For me to poop on.
    • I watched the Pittsburgh-Providence game tonight, as well, and I was ready to write something about how Pitt is the team you should be rooting for this year (assuming you're not a fan of Carolina, UConn, or Oklahoma). Then Pitt lost. I'll have to save that for later. Still, it was Senior Night at Providence; hard to believe we're at that point of the year already.
    • If you were a fan of Conan back in the day, this news will make you very happy.
  • Random Hatred And/Or Love:
    • I hadn't watched a presidential speech to Congress in probably seven years, but not able to watch this one live, I even DVR-ed it. Apparently the legislators had to get to the chamber as early as 8AM if they wanted to be on the aisle to shake Obama's hand. So, as he walked down the aisle, we saw one side was all white men and the other was somewhat younger and extraordinarily diverse. I'm under no illusion that the left is not also full of old white men, but it's quite a different America nowadays, huh?
  • Random Video:
    • If you didn't see it, here's the best thing (even with the obvious edits regarding pot references) from the Oscar broadcast.

No comments: