Monday, February 16, 2009

Jump Back

  • Random Pop Culture:
    • So I guess the big question on Heroes is who "The Rebel" is. I'm sure it will be someone either really obvious (like Nathan) or someone totally out of the blue (like Angela). Or vice-versa. Still enjoyable, but still not quite at the high level.
    • There was one line towards the end of the episode that made me double-take. Nathan, in talking about the guy that Tracy killed, says, "His blood is still warm." Isn't that a really poorly written line, seeing as how the guy was killed by freezing to death? Wouldn't it be better to say, "His blood just melted," or, "His blood is still cold?"
    • I once had an outpatient procedure at West Arlington Hospital, the night after I stayed at the Roosevelt Continental hotel. It's the thing to do when you live in DC.
    • I can't wait until the 7:00-8:00 episode when Chloe and Garofalo have a snark-off to the death.
    • I didn't think there was any character left on 24 that could make me cheer when they were shown, but... Aaron Pierce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pitt-UConn tonight was as great as advertised; a real postseason atmosphere. Both teams are way loaded with size and firepower. I give a bit of the long-term edge to Pitt with the leadership of Levance Fields and the ridiculous versatility of Sam Young. Right now, it's looking like I'd have the Panthers going against Carolina in the final.
  • Random Hatred And/Or Love:
    • Why do people say that there are no such things as dumb questions? Of course there are. I understand wanting to encourage people to ask questions in general, but why do we encourage them to not think before asking them?
  • Random Discussion Question:
    • In light of the full and triumphant return of 24, has any show ever fully unjumped the shark? The three shows that come to mind are 24 (after the horrible last season), Entourage (after the Medellin fiasco), and Lost (after the mini-season with the polar bear cages). Because those shows were saved, did they actually jump the shark in the first place?

No comments: