Wednesday, September 1, 2010

No, No, I'm Saying, "Mooooooooose!"

  • The Monologue:
    • So the Iraq war is finally over. Thank God we got revenge for 9/11, finally.
    • So the Iraq war is finally over. Thank God we stopped their WMD program, finally.
    • Mike Wise was suspended a month for a fake tweet when he tried to make up a story to see if it would catch on and not, surprisingly, for the poor quality of his radio show.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • Of the tons of magazines out there, Vanity Fair seems to be the one that is still knocking it out of the park and some would call this new expose on Sarah Palin "devastating." I disagree, seeing how a) it comes off a bit slanted and b) it doesn't come out with anything that I presume most of us didn't already guess or assume? She's a fake with a bad temper and a God complex? Really? I never would have thought that for a second!
    • As I watch more and more TV during this paternity leave, I find more and more reasons to disrespect the Emmys. How in the world did Nick Offerman not get nominated for Best Supporting Actor for his role as Ron "F***ing" Swanson on Parks and Recreation? He's by far the funniest thing about a really funny show.
    • I've been thirty page into The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest for a few weeks now and I realized that I liked the first book in the series so much more than the second that I found it easy to hit the lull. Too much exposition in the second book for the great last fifty or a hundred pages to make up for it.
  • Random Video:
    • Why honor Van Morrison when it's also Debbie Gibson's birthday?!

No comments: