Sunday, April 18, 2010

Old School

  • The Monologue:
    • I'd like to make a joke, but this story is kind of funny on its own.
    • Now that she no longer has a show on TLC and is instead appearing on Dancing With The ["]Stars["], Kate Gosselin spends three days a week in Los Angeles away from her beloved kids to appear on the show. Wait, that's not quite right. Kate Gosselin spends four days a week in Pennsylvania away from her beloved TV cameras.
    • Among the riders in Sarah Palin's contracts for speaking engagements is a bendy straw. She stole the idea from Dennis Kucinich, who requires swirly straws wherever he goes.
    • News came out that Oprah and John Tesh used to be together. If even he can get chicks with music, William Hung still has a chance.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • Nobody ever accused David Simon of being subtle, but the beginning of tonight's Treme was a tad heavy-handed. They got past it quickly, though. There is nothing better on TV right now than the reverence and love with which Treme treats the New Orleans music scene.
    • I have not yet watched any of tonight's final three episodes of Life, but I'm bummed that it's over. I'm sure it was extraodinarily expensive to make, but it went by so quickly.
    • I'm the only person still watching C.S.I.: regularly, right? This past week, they had one of their wacky lab tech episodes to break the tension of a cliffhanger in the season-long story arc. I like those, though; I recently watched some episodes of The Larry Sanders Show and it made me lament that Wallace Langham is often underused in his role on the current crime drama.
  • Random Video:
    • Today is Hayley Mills' 64th birthday. You may love her from Polyanna or The Parent Trap, but of course I most love her from Good Morning, Miss Bliss, the TV show that was cancelled after thirteen episodes and revamped into Saved By The Bell. I've seen episodes, but they always had the Saved By The Bell intro, since those thirteen episodes went into syndication as the first season of the later show. Here is the original intro to Good Morning, Miss Bliss (I had never seen it until now):

No comments: