Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Will He Just Say, "Chicago," Really, Really Slowly?

  • The Monologue:
    • LeBron James will announce his free agency decision with a one-hour primetime special on ESPN on Thursday night. I'm going to have a one-hour special in my basement to decide if I'll watch him or not, but I can save you a bunch of time by saying, "Hell, no."
    • LeBron James will announce his free agency decision with a one-hour primetime special on ESPN on Thursday night. You'd think, with the way ESPN is treating him, that the FCC would only allow any special involving him and the network to be aired on Spice.
    • Seriously, a one-hour special to release his stupid decision? One hour?!?
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • Finished the first disc of the second season of Breaking Bad. It is so freaking good. Mad Men is the best drama airing right now, but I think Breaking Bad and Treme are tied for a close second.
    • Not sure if the new radio show premiering tomorrow morning on 105.9, Kirk McEwen and Mike O'Meara, will be only a talk show (I assume they'll play some records), but I already changed the preset for my alarm. I'll flip to the Junkies during commercials in the car, but I am unhappy enough with them lately that I don't find the need to listen all the time.
  • Random Music Video:
    • The single greatest music act of the 20th century died today, thirty-nine years ago. The single greatest. Of the entire century.

No comments: