Sunday, July 11, 2010

Saturday Night

Bad movie to come tomorrow. In the mean time, I'm all about playing Beatles Rock Band, which I finally picked up and is super fun, and catching up on the best show this summer, Louie. It's like a dark Seinfeld and, while not as funny, it's still very funny in its own right.

Anyways, Arlo Guthrie turns 63 today. For a guy who grew up in the shadow of a true national treasure, he did alright by himself. His most famous song is "Alice's Restaurant" but my favorite of his is this one, written by Steve Goodman:

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I remember going to see Arlo with your mom. I still love him, and he's probably the musician I've seen most in concert. Someone gave us a Woody Guthrie/Arlo CD for the baby.

Now if only we could get Steve to convert.

Steve said...

I think my favorite Arlo tune is "The Accounting Song" which, unfortunately, I can't find on YouTube.