Wednesday, July 28, 2010

And Soon: The Amish Industrial Revolution

  • The Monologue:
    • Amar'e Stoudemire signs with the Knicks and then discovers he's Jewish. On an unrelated note, the video of Eddie Murphy as Jesse Jackson singing, "Don't let me down, Hymietown," is nowhere to be found on the internet.
    • In the extortion trial of Karen Sypher, Rick Pitino said they had sex "very briefly." There's a shot clock! It was the famous Louisville gun-and-run offense.
    • This story is my favorite of the day. I picture buggies being caulked and Lukas Haas dying of snake bite or dysentery.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • This year is Bizarro Entourage. Every story line stinks except for Johnny Drama's. I bet they can make it all better by just throwing in a few more NFL cameos!
    • I still need to watch the Mad Men season premiere again, but here's a good interview with Matthew Weiner where he talks about what he was trying to do with certain parts of the episode.
    • Daniel Craig is going to play Mikael Blomkvist in the (much feared by me) Hollywood version of the Stieg Larsson's series. I can live with that. The big question is who will play Salander. The three names I've seen floated so far have been Scarlett Johannson, Natalie Portman, and Carey Mulligan. Of those, Mulligan is the only one I find even close to acceptable. I don't care if Fincher's directing the movies; I don't have high hopes.
  • Random Video:
    • More of things based on video games:

No comments: