Friday, January 16, 2009

Go In Pieces

  • Random Pop Culture:
    • Here's a link to the trailer I referenced yesterday, for the 1990 movie, I Come In Peace (Dark Angel in the UK). You may have thought it was already great, but, believe it or not, the good alien in this movie is none other than ESPN's Jay Bilas. Seriously. Here's the imdb page if you're skeptical. Unfortunately, I Come In Peace isn't available on Netflix. I may have to go on a quest to find it.
    • Going back to a post and comments from the end of 2008, I was in the car tonight listening to the '80s station when Toto's "Africa" come on. My immediate reaction was, "That's my s***!" I am so white.
    • Tonight's The Soup included three of the junior account executives from Mad Men, along with Levar Burton, screaming "It's Miley!" Awesome.
  • Random Hatred And/Or Love:
    • We all love Cal Ripken. Who doesn't love Cal Ripken? But when the thermometer in my car is wearing Cal Ripken's number? Yikes.
  • Random Monkey Sighting:
    • I am always scouring the internets, searching for the best monkey news and clips. Here is one that has been making the rounds of a chimp riding a segway. From Japanese TV (shocker!). There is also a version that involves a weird, cheesy song about a chimp riding a segway, but I do not endorse that version.

No comments: