Monday, November 15, 2010

Laughing Matter

  • The Monologue:
    • The Washington Redskins.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • I realize I haven't done those TV rankings in a bit, but The Walking Dead would be quite high. Not only is it beautifully shot and pays fitting homage to Romero, but the second episode contained something I'd never seen before on TV. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about.
    • I liked the "Space Teens" part of tonight's How I Met Your Mother, but after that they just tried way too hard for joke after joke. And when they're trying too hard and I'm not laughing, I notice the laugh track. And once I notice the laugh track, I'm done for the show.
    • A few shows are really on fire this year. Dexter is having its second-best season to last year. Grey's Anatomy is having their best season in quite some time. Ditto 30 Rock. Terriers is still the best show airing right now, by quite a bit.
  • Random Video:
    • I like this song fine, but there are some awful, awful rhymes. "Old piano" and "I don't know"? "Morning" and "talking"? More coherent than Stone Temple Pilots lyrics, but still...

No comments: