Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Why Bother?

A break from an intense work trip to touch on how people react to Sarah Palin. She used the term "blood libel" in her unconciliatiory video about the shooting in Tucson. Yes, that is inappropriate and connotatively anti-Semitic. You can get angry about it, but why scream or tweet or whatever? She doesn't care what anyone says. The people who love her aren't going to change their minds. The people who hate her will hate her no matter what. I can't imagine there are any people with no opinion any more. Screaming only makes one seem like they're screaming for their own good. Just let her be. Indifference can be more powerful than emotion sometimes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you, I was all set to write a furious post about the Washington Times use of the word "pogrom" the other day, and then I read this, and I just went: Ah, fuck it. I don't want to give this insanity any more juice than it's already getting. And for that, I quite genuinely thank you.

You're right here, and I've been thinking about this little post ever since I read it.

Josh said...

That's very sweet, thanks!