Monday, May 2, 2011

Reaction

Spent a lot of time today just reading people's thoughts on blogs, seeing how my own thoughts fit in. I think this news is a big deal, like really big. The Fix tweeted last night asking how many stories in the past decade have been bigger this one. I agree with him on 9/11, Katrina, and the 2008 election, but other than that? May not be a bigger one. I feel weird celebrating someone's death, but it doesn't feel wrong in this case.

Along those lines, there have been some quotations that have been very popular today. I'll print them both below -- you may have seen them in countless tweets and Facebook statuses -- along with a third that has something in common with the first two. You see, none of them are actually real.

“I’ve never wished a man dead. But, I have read some obituaries with great pleasure.” – Mark Twain

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." -- Abraham Lincoln

No comments: