Monday, May 23, 2011

Going Back

Tonight, as I'm sure everyone has marked on their calendar, is the first anniversary of the airing of the Lost series finale. In going back and thinking about it -- and in rewatching The Wire, which I hadn't seen since before Lost ended -- I'm realizing that The Wire, while better than Lost, is not as better as I would have thought. That's not to diminish the hands-down greatest show ever to air, but to say that Lost is way, way up there. It wasn't just a fun (read: confounding) mystery; it was a really good show. Anyway, I saw this video for the first time today and thought it was pretty cool. Someone took the last minute or so of the final episode and put it against the first minute or so of the pilot played backwards. Nice job by the director and the editor. Fun when you can find little things like this that make something really good that much better.


No comments: