Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Word To Your Moms

  • The Monologue:
    • A picture is worth a thousand words so I don't need to write any.
    • It got ridiculous on the Jets' flight home last night when someone asked Mark Sanchez to pass a blanket and a New England player intercepted it.
    • I'm not saying the Jets' defense had trouble with the Patriots' offense last night, but I've seen Montezuma's Revenge slowed down more effectively.
  • Random Pop Culture:
    • Not a surprise with its very low ratings, but Terriers was cancelled. I still strongly recommend that people watch it. The season wrapped so well that you could think of it as a miniseries or even a visual novel of sorts. Really amazing show; the next entry in the "brilliant, but cancelled" legacy.
    • The Jimmy V Foundation night on ESPN is for a great cause and it's cool that they show his ESPYs speech every year, but keep it to halftime or between games. I'm trying to watch basketball and they keep talking about how great Jimmy V was. He seemed like a great guy, I get it, but I'm trying to watch a game in progress.
    • For the record, on December 7, Pearl Harbor is a surprisingly close second to Auschwitz for most unsettling place I've ever visited. It is much, much, much, etc., more powerful than I ever imagined it would be.
  • Random Video:
    • We're getting close to the end of this 1992 thing, I promise, by the end of this week. I'm not going to give you the video for the far-and-away biggest single of the year, "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston, but I'll give you this one, which is quite a bit more enjoyable.

No comments: