- Random Pop Culture:
- Went to the National Zoo today, which is one of my favorite places. In the reptile house, there was an anaconda. I snapped a picture and tweeted about how J-Lo and Ice Cube better watch out. It was my mistake. The species was a "Green Anaconda", not a "Fake-Ass Anaconda".
- The Warriors is, as I said last night, the greatest bad movie of all time. Anaconda is way up there though. Okay, I can't resist...
- Watched a French film tonight called A Very Long Engagement. It's about World War I (which apparently really sucked) and stars Audrey Tautou and, among others, Marian Cotillard. And Jodie Foster. Wait, what? Yep, Jodie Foster plays a French woman and, as far as I could tell, her French was flawless. It's a pretty good movie, very Atonement-esque.
- Random Hatred and/or Love:
- People on every side of an issue are so quick to generalize about their opponents. There is a big outcry about the murder of George Tiller and how anti-choice activists can call themselves pro-life but kill people. Obviously, it's a very few extremists who do this. There are extremists on both sides. Of course, Fred Phelps and his crew's media visibility don't make anything any easier.
- Random Music Video:
- On the Guitar Hero games, you have the option of downloading new playable songs. Most cost two dollars, but some are free. Today, I noticed that they had uploaded, for free, Stan Bush's "classic", "The Touch". I immediately downloaded it and rocked out. Bush remade the video recently using footage from Michael Bay's Transformers, but that's BS. Here's the original video from the original movie. 'Til all are one!:
Touch by Stan Bush from the Transformers The Movie - Click here for this week’s top video clips